Friday, February 15, 2008

Indiana's violations


This mock cover of Sports Illustrated was created by Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio and published on kentuckysportsradio.com.

While I'm sure this would surprise some people, I was very saddened by the allegations on the Kelvin Sampson and the IU basketball program. I considered IU's program a key player in the college basketball landscape. Despite the lopsidedness of the series over the last 15 years or so I had always considered them a formidable opponent. And then there is the fact that I love Lindsay and I hate it for her.

So that was my soft side. Now I will admit that after many years of hearing IU fans dog on UK for cheating, I could not be happier that I don't have to hear the "holier than thou" bit from any IU fan again.

The next coach
I am led to assume that Sampson will be fired for taking IU's program from bad to dispicable. So who will take the helm. I've heard a lot of talk about Tom Crean and Jim O'Brian, both of which are quality coaches and would fit well at IU. Then there is the fact that William Montgomery Knight resigned at Texas Tech just in time for this vacancy at IU. Probably just a coincidence, but it's intriguing non-the-less. Or could it be Pat? Pat Knight that is. Bobby's son who just took over at Texas Tech with no head coaching experience. I would say anyone from the Knight family is highly unlikely, but it makes for good discussion.

While we're on the subject of basketball GO CATS!!!!

No comments: