Saturday, February 16, 2008

A night of bowling, pizza, and made for TV drama


Tonight was glow bowling night for the CCU family tonight. Just about all the students gathered at the Western Hills Bowling Ally for some pizza and bowling under the blacklights.

I started slow with a 79 in the first game (mainly because in golf I am always shooting to break 80 and it was hard for me to get that out of my head.) I improved drastically after that game though and fired an 82 and then followed that with a 97 and a 137. With these four scores and the perfect 300 I received for my good looks my average for the night was.....uuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.......You figure it out. We don't do math at CCU.

The most dramatic point of my night came in my third to last frame after I had just realized that I was part of the 10% of players on our two lanes (which had ten players all together) that had not bowled a strike all night. So, knowing that the pressure was on, I intently went through my routine starting with a deep breath and then ending with my "Fred Flinstone twinkle toes" just before gracefully approaching the fault line. I let it go and as I looked at the perfect roll of the ball I thought to myself "this could be the one!" It hit the head pin first send eight other pins flying into the air and leaving one to wobble in place. As I watched that one pin my heart skipped a beat and it dramatically fell giving me my first and only strike of the night!

By the end of the night my bowling game was being compared to that of six time PBA Player of the Year, Walter Ray Williams Jr (pictured above). Really the only difference between him and me was about 180 points on our average.

Signing out from The Nasty Nati

2 comments:

Sam Curtis said...

I've decided to stick to Wii bowling...it interprets my perfect form much more accurately than any of the real faulty lanes and pins I've been able to find...

Corey Andry said...

I have also decided that Wii bowling is more for me than actual bowling.