Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer Summary





This being the first blog after a long break, I felt like I should catch everyone up on what my summer was like. I spent my summer working at the French Lick Resort Donald Ross Course while Lindsay bartended at the Resort's steakhouse called 1875. I'm going to take a very quick stance on bartending and that is that there is no better place to witness for Christ than a place where messed up people feel comfortable dumping all their problems. If you still have a problem with the issue take it up with God Himself!
Okay, I'm off my high-horse; now on to the rest of the summer. For the most part it was pretty laid back. My days consisted of several alarms sounding from about 5:15 to 5:30 AM until I finally felt like I had enough beauty built up to last another day. Work would last from 6-2:30. The early start was nice because it allowed me to get in on good recreational activities such as trying to play the beast that is the Donald Ross Course, Fish, Swim, etc.
Lindsay on the other hand tended to sleep late and work later. Although a less routine schedule allowed her some time in recreational activities also. Overall it was a great and fast summer and December 20th seems to be approaching faster and faster all the time.

No comments: